Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Time Flies!





I've been trying to get on here since Sunday to report that Ethan is already ONE MONTH old!! I just can hardly believe how quickly time is passing. You hear people say all the time, "Just wait, it goes fast". But now I'm beginning to understand. Usually a day goes by and I think, "what did we do today?" But when you're feeding every 2-3 hours and burping, changing, and getting him back to sleep, it's amazing how fast the day seems to disappear!

I'm still loving ALMOST:) every minute we have together. I have to admit there are times when I'm just so tired, I'd rather collapse back in bed than get up to feed him. But then I see his beautiful little face and the way he sometimes smiles up at me and I melt once again. And then I forget that I'm up at 2am and wish I could be sleeping again.

He's going to be 6 weeks in just a week and a half and I hear the sleeping schedule gets much better from that point on. So I'll look forward to reporting getting a full night's sleep finally! Wow - can hardly remember what that's like.

His Aunt Jessie was visiting from Seattle for the weekend. She had a wedding to go to, so it worked out well that she could spend the rest of her time here with the family and meet Ethan finally! She just LOVES him already - didn't want to say goodbye. But the good thing is she'll be back at the end of August with her husband David, so we're all looking forward to that. And Ethan will seem so much different in just a couple of months.

And lastly, my good friend Rachel went into labor a couple of days ago. She's in Nicaragua, so I'm looking forward to hearing how it went and whether it was a boy or girl!! So exciting! Babies everywhere!!

No comments: