Thursday, July 17, 2008

Here Goes Nothing!


So Ethan was especially difficult yesterday all day and night. I decided for my own sanity it's time to start "training" him to sleep without my help. So last night I let him cry it out a few times, but the problem was that he would stop crying, but wasn't falling asleep... hmm, what to do? So when it had been a few hours after his last feeding, I picked him up and fed him. But then during the feeding, he was so tired, he wouldn't eat very well and it was harder to burp him. It's just such a terrible cycle.

And today I've been trying to let him cry it out during nap time because I can't spend my whole day rocking him to sleep and praying he'll stay asleep when I put him in his crib. He had finally fallen asleep this morning at 11am, but woke up about 30 minutes later. So I went in to comfort him and try to get him to sleep again, but instead I'm listening to him cry AGAIN. I think this little guy is more stubborn than I'm prepared to handle. It's SO HARD to listen to it and be strong enough to let him cry, but I know for sure he's only crying because he's tired. And I really think it's time we both get on some kind of schedule. I need more hands free time and he just needs more regular sleep. Ahhhh! This has really been a nightmare of a week, but we've gotten through it so far and I can only pray this gets easier. (at least the gas drops seem to be working - now we just need to get him to sleep and stay asleep and we'll all be happy campers)

No comments: