Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Oh, Baby

So Ethan has had some major gas issues the last couple of days... I'm seriously trying to think about what I'm eating, but it just seems impossible sometimes. I feel so terrible when he's hurting and just want it to go away. But other than that, everything is still going so well. I was just telling my mom yesterday that I have to pinch myself sometimes because it just doesn't seem real still. I think it's still hard for me to accept that I'm a mother, but not married. You know how you always have this dream for yourself or imagine how your life will turn out. Well, I never would have imagined it this way. That doesn't make being a mother now any less enjoyable. It's just still hard for me to grasp since the current pictures doesn't quite match up with the one I had envisioned.

I feel now as though my life has a purpose. I know God always had a purpose for me and I'd like to think that I was living that way before. But now I know exactly why I'm here. My life is to serve this little guy and care for him and his needs. I finally feel as though I'm living. It's hard to explain. But it's amazing and I love living now, more than ever.

2 comments:

LoLo said...

I too know what a life changing experince this can be and I am so happy to see that you are embracing it with all the strength and love God intended.

We know the Lord works in mysterious ways and you are a wonderful mother to Ethan. He is one lucky blessed beautiful baby boy. Ethan was sent with a purpose for you and he both to share on this journey called LIFE. Enjoy the journey Kristin.

You look amazingly beautiful and happy. Treasure every moment, as you are... they seem to slip by quickly. Ethan will never remember your "pre-pregnancy" figure, so what difference does it make?! You shouldn't be hard on yourself, childbirth takes a lot from mothers, but it's well worth it if you feel good.

This blog is a wonderful way to share your joy with friends and family. Kristin, thanks for sharing...and don't ever take your eyes off the "goal".

Love ya kiddo!

Kristin Emily said...

Lolo?? Is that Lori James?? Just curious;) but thank you so much for your kind words...
God truly does work in mysterious ways:)