Monday, August 4, 2008

ROAD TRIP!





We just got back from Ethan's first road trip to MICHIGAN! He did so good in the car and even managed to fit in a few naps:) Why were we in Michigan, you ask? My brother Jon and his wife Christy were having a reception there to celebrate their marriage. They married in Washington and since not everyone could make it out there, Christy's parents wanted to throw a party back home. I even got to see my friend CB who I hadn't seen in about 5 years! She had her little girl, Thalia, along. It was so good to finally meet her in person and have Ethan meet his first little friend. We had a lot of fun and Ethan was pooped out at the end of the day. But everyone loved meeting him, especially his Uncle Jon and Aunt Christy. They even bought him a BEARS outfit to wear, so I dressed him in it for our trip;)

I can't say naps have been much improved since I last wrote, but he can usually get in at least one good nap during the day. I think he was so wiped out when we got home on Sunday morning, he was just happy to sleep in a familiar place. So he ended up sleeping for 1hr 40 minutes! That was exciting for me. I took a nap too! :)

He's been sleeping now for about 30 minutes and I hear him shuffling a bit, so he'll either go back to sleep (miracle I'm praying for) or he'll be crying in a few minutes. Before I go, I want to include some pictures from our trip.

And one more thing - Ethan had a Dr. appt Friday and had to get his first shots! ow! I didn't like seeing him cry, but he got through it just fine. We had a kind of rough afternoon/evening, but I gave him infant tylenol and that seemed to help. And he now weighs 12lbs 12oz and is 23 1/2 inches long! He just keeps growing so fast! I can hardly believe he's 2 months already. (and a part of me also says, "has it really only been 2 months?" haha.

And he's crying... shoulda known:)

2 comments:

The Phillips said...

you goofball - you saw chris and me about a year ago in chicago!! either way, it was wonderful seeing you and meeting your little guy. i can't wait for the babies to get a little bit bigger so we can have playdates!!
take care and good luck with the naps!!
love cb

Kristin Emily said...

haha - I'm such an idiot! I loved seeing you then;) I have the worst memory sometimes...
can't wait to see you again! :)