Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Breakthrough?

This may have been our breakthrough day!??
Ethan has been crying so much in the last few days, I honestly didn't know how much more I could take. And it was always before he fell asleep and after about 30-45 minutes of sleep. That should have been the "middle of the nap" but everytime, it ended up being the END of the nap. He was crying longer than he was sleeping.

Anyway, then today, he slept for 1hr 20mins without any crying until he woke up! I could hardly believe it. Then his second nap was 1hr 45 mins and very little crying in the middle. His last couple of naps were about 30-40 mins, but I was just so thrilled he had done so well at the beginning of the day!

So I'm feeling really good today. Just so relieved to know that he CAN take longer naps without waking - and if he does wake, he's able to put himself back to sleep. Praise God!! I've been asking him for patience and strength to keep consistency. He is so good to give us a day like today.

He's 11 weeks old tomorrow! I hear sometime around 12 weeks, there's a change for the better. So if he's getting naps down, I can only hope it improves as he grows and gets older. I guess the next milestone I'm looking forward to is sleeping longer through the night. I've been feeding him around 10:30pm and he usually wakes around 3:30-4am to eat again. So it's a good stretch. I just know one of these days he'll actually wait till 6am or 7am to eat next. Until then... I'll just keep enjoying the sleep I'm able to get now. It's better than waking every 2-3 hours, that's for sure!

No comments: