Saturday, December 20, 2008

Grandma Hazen

My Grandma Hazen, Ethan's Great Grandma Hazen has gone to be with the Lord this morning. My dad's birthday was yesterday and Christmas is just around the corner, so not exactly the time we would have hoped for. But there's never a good time to loose someone you love. I will say that I have a joy in my heart now knowing where she is... in her new heavenly body with Jesus!! And now she's laughing and singing praises and reunited with loved ones like her husband who passed away in '98.

So it's a day mixed with tears of saddness and joy. We thought we'd be seeing her the day after Christmas, but now it looks like we'll be going for a funeral. So we leave Dec. 26 for North Carolina. We ask for prayers for a safe trip and especially that Ethan would do well on our long trip. I had hoped he'd be able to meet his Great Grandma Hazen, but Lord willing, he'll meet her in Heaven.

No comments: