Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Back Home






I guess, in a way, back home has 2 meanings...
Ethan and I were up in Wheeling/Deerfield Sunday and Monday and in a way I felt like I was back home again. And now I'm back in Valpo, so I'm "back home" once again.

It was so fun to see my friends and stay with Katie and Marc and Lydia. Ethan hadn't really met any babies his age, so I'm sure he enjoyed it! We met up with my friends at Harvest Sunday morning and had lunch with them. And then I brought him back to Katie's in Wheeling where we spent the night and the following morning.

Ethan already has trouble with naps, so I didn't expect them to go well while away from home. And he definitely had trouble sleeping, but did just as well as I would have hoped. He took good naps in the car ride there and back, so I thank God for getting us there and back safely and relatively quietly (for my sake).

And Monday afternoon we visited Rachel and Max and Jonah before my dentist appointment. It was so fun to see them too! And I can't believe I babysat for Max when he was Ethan's age! So crazy how time flies by. Anyway, it was great to visit friends and be back in the Chicago area again. I miss everyone so much! But I'll be bringing Ethan back up there for homecoming in a month, so I can't wait!

No comments: